Dina von Lowenkraft
Born in the US, Dina has lived on 4 continents, worked as a graphic artist for television and as a consultant in the fashion industry. Somewhere between New York and Paris she picked up an MBA and a black belt. Dina is the Regional Advisor for SCBWI Belgium & Luxembourg. Dina has always been fascinated by questions of identity which is why she is drawn to YA of all genres. In addition to her creative writing, Dina is working on a PhD in Cultural Studies. Her project, entitled 'Identity in Change', looks at the impacts of climate change on the community of Longyearbyen, located on the Arctic Archipelago of Svalbard, and how those changes will impact their future. Dina's debut YA Fantasy, Dragon Fire, was a finalist in ForeWord Reviews' 2013 Book of the Year Award, in the 2014 Eric Hoffer Award and in the 2014 Readers' Favorite Award.
Posts by Dina von Lowenkraft:
- Be(ing) a Writer
- Back To School! Yay, I can write again! Yikes, what was I working on?
- Writing is a solitary undertaking. True or False?
- When plotting kills you and your story: confessions from the other side.
- Life, Death, Dragons and St Patrick’s Day… or Writing About What You Know
- Why New Year’s resolutions don’t work… and why you should make one anyway.
- It’s NaNoWriMo time! Are you doing it? No? Why not?
- The Revision Process – and why I (hate) love it.