Dina von Lowenkraft
Born in the US, Dina has lived on 4 continents, worked as a graphic artist for television and as a consultant in the fashion industry. Somewhere between New York and Paris she picked up an MBA and a black belt. Dina is currently the Regional Advisor for SCBWI Belgium, where she lives with her husband, two children, three horses and a cat. Dina loves to create intricate worlds filled with conflict and passion. She builds her own myths while exploring issues of belonging, racism and the search for truth... after all, how can you find true love if you don’t know who you are and what you believe in? Dina’s key to developing characters is to figure out what they would be willing to die for. And then pushing them to that limit. Dina's debut YA Fantasy, Dragon Fire, was a finalist in ForeWord Reviews' 2013 Book of the Year Award, in the 2014 Eric Hoffer Award and in the 2014 Readers' Favorite Award.
Posts by Dina von Lowenkraft:
- Back To School! Yay, I can write again! Yikes, what was I working on?
- Writing is a solitary undertaking. True or False?
- When plotting kills you and your story: confessions from the other side.
- Life, Death, Dragons and St Patrick’s Day… or Writing About What You Know
- Why New Year’s resolutions don’t work… and why you should make one anyway.
- It’s NaNoWriMo time! Are you doing it? No? Why not?
- The Revision Process – and why I (hate) love it.